HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES DURING EXPO 2020
This event was initially scheduled in October 2020, but got postponed due to the pandemic and the travel related restrictions. In the meanwhile, UAE put stringent steps to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the country, including lockdowns, social distancing norms and mass vaccination. This mega event only became possible because of the relentless efforts of the government.
In the Expo, the UAE government is adopting a proactive approach to ensure that all the safety and precautionary measures should be taken to safeguard the well-being of residents and workers. The policy framed by the government mandates that –
- Before Entering the Expo
The interested person should conduct a complete self assessment and ensure that he is not having COVID-19 related symptoms. In case any symptom appears, he should get himself quarantined and avoid visiting the Expo. There are various kinds of fines or penalties that can be imposed, if any person violates the Covid appropriate behaviour.
Fine amounting to AED 50,000 will be imposed on any person if –
- Refuses to get hospitalised while suffering from covid-19;
- Neglect to take the prescribed medicine;
- Failure to adhere to the home quarantine;
- If shops or malls haven’t adopted the COVID precautionary measures.
Fine of 20,000 AED would be levied if-
- Neglect or failure to perform the duty, relating to curb the spread of Covid-19;
- Promoting or publishing any false information or rumour regarding the pandemic;
- Induce or encourage other people to not follow the advisory issued in respect of Covid-19.
Fine Amounting to 10,000 will be imposed if-
- Not complying with any of the direction issued by a government official regarding Covid-19;
- Changing or creating information in messages and results about Covid-19 tests;
- Violating norms of social distancing;
- Breaking rules on small gathering;
- Not adhering to the e-tracking procedure.
Safety Measures During the time of Entering the Expo
Every visitor who is above the age of 18 years at the time of visiting the Expo shall produce the following documents-
- Proof of vaccination – The UAE government has authorised various covid-19 vaccines which include Pfizer-BioNTech, Sputnik V, vaccine, AstraZeneca; covexin, covieshield, etc.
- Negative PCR test result. – It is important that the PCR test must be conducted before 72 hours of visiting the Expo. For the convenience of visitors, the Expo centers also provide this facility.
Apart from it, there is UAE’s emergency response system, managed by the National Crisis and Emergency Management Authority (NCEMA). It will be hyper active throughout the entire Expo to ensure that no health related ordeal takes place.
The Covid-19 precautionary measures are implemented very strictly in the Expo and any violation or non adherence would entail hefty punishment or fine. For entering the Expo, it is essential that the person should be completely vaccinated and also have a negative PCR result.