APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR A NON-IMMIGRANT US VISA FROM UAE
Visa is the first and foremost requirement for setting foot in a foreign country. For both immigrants and non-immigrants, the visa is placed within the passport, and grants the holder permission to enter, leave and stay in a foreign country for a particular duration of time. If you are an international traveller who qualifies for the Visa Waiver Programme, you may not be required to apply for a US visa as a visitor.
Our immigration lawyers in Dubai have laid down the following procedure for applying for a US visa:
- DEPENDING ON THE PURPOSE OF TRAVELLING, DECIDE YOUR VISA TYPE: Non-immigrant visa is further divided into sub-classes, therefore category selection should be done with care and correct information. You can take help from experienced visa agents to determine your visa type.US Immigration Law can be read to understand the definition and explanation of different types of visas available.
- PLACE OF SUBMITTING THE VISA APPLICATION: Dubai residents have to apply at the US Consulate General, located at Umm Hurrair One, Al Seef Street, Bur Dubai – Dubai.
- FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM (DS-160): Non-immigrants have to fill out the form DS-160. Online application forms can be filled out through the Consular Electric Application Centre. You need to select your location, type the Captcha Code and complete the application form and retain a copy of the DS-160 Barcode page for form-completion proof. Our Immigration lawyers in Dubai suggest taking assistance from a result-oriented immigration agent in Dubai for filling out your visa application.
- FEE PAYMENT AND SCHEDULING APPOINTMENT FOR VISA: The applicant must schedule an interview after completing the application form. Log into your user account on the website of the Official US Department of State Visa Appointment Service after paying the required fees. If you do not have an account then create one.
- OBTAIN ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Generally, the following documents are required to be submitted:
- Proof of DS-160 form completion
- Visa application fees payment receipt
- Police certificate from the Ministry of Interior
- Recent Photograph
- US Visa appointment confirmation
- VISA INTERVIEW: To get the visa stamp on your passport, it is very important to crack the interview. You need to be punctual at the interview. You should answer all questions correctly. The interviewer wants the applicant to be confident, honest and genuine throughout the interview.
Processing of visa applications in UAE
UAE believes in fast service delivery. Though the time taken for processing a US Visa application depends upon the number of applications the Embassy receives, it can take a maximum of 6 weeks.
If you are interested in travelling to the US, apply for US Visa by following the above-mentioned steps. In case of any query/confusion feel free to take help from our best immigration lawyers in Dubai.
BSB Legal consultants is a specialized Law firm in UAE. We deal with matters of immigration law, company law, construction law, family law, labour law and litigation. We provide all kinds of migration-related services. Our lawyers have an immense experience in visa application and migration from UAE to other countries, particularly to the United States of America. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 508014003.