Significance of Non-Discloser Agreement
- The information that is to be kept confidential shall be properly mentioned and defined. The UAE law provides certain sets of information that are termed as “ non confidential” with respect to the general principles of law. A claim can be raised on such breach.
- The receiving or the disclosing party should be properly informed about their rights and duties
- There shall be a specific duration of NDA, that means the receiving party has to keep that information confidential for such period.
- The NDA shall also include a territorial limit on the basis of authorized disclosure and on the nature of business.
- Lastly, a jurisdiction clause shall be present in NDA and whether or not the parties can consider opting for arbitration or not.